Highlights of USSSA Rules of Play:
- Coin flip to determine home or visiting team
- Time limits may be used and enforced
- Teams may bat 9, 10, or complete rosters (determined before start of game)
- Players in the starting line-up may re-enter 1 time (in their starting spot in the line-up)
- Non-starters are not allowed to re-enter
- May run for pitcher/catcher at any time when on base (use only bench players)
- Issuance of intentional walk without throwing pitches. (pitcher or catcher may ask)
- A pitcher removed as the pitcher may NOT return as a pitcher
- Run rule (mercy) will apply. Know the run rule for each particular game.
- 2nd visit to the pitcher in the same inning must remove pitcher.
- Manager/coach is prohibited from making 2nd trip while same batter is at bat.
- If a pinch hitter is inserted for the batter, the manager/coach may make a 2nd trip but must remove the pitcher.
FOR COMPLETE USSSA PLAYING RULES, Download Pages 6,7,8,9 &10.
USSSA Rule Book Here